Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of construction workers and subcontractors at the project site to ensure that goals and objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through personnel assigned to assist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports all corporate safety initiatives with a commitment to a safe working environment and a focus on safety as the top priority for all projects.
• Studies plans, specifications and contracts to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, with all emphasis on safety, quality, schedule, and budget.
• Plays instrumental role in project schedule development and leads construction activities in a manner which maintains the logic, sequence, and timeline requirements of the overall project schedule.
• Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers as required) at start of project.
• Manages procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to quality standards and work schedules.
• Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to maintain the project schedule.
• Confers with supervisory and field labor personnel to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
• Confers with supervisory, design team personnel, inspectors, and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedules.
• Performs certain field labor functions as required and assigned.
• Prepares and reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• Coordinates project activities with requirements of regulatory or other oversight agencies.
• Maintains the highest level of personal candor, integrity, and ethical practices in all business dealings.
• Committed to win-win relationships through firm, fair, friendly, and factual interactions with all partners.
Manages those supervisors assigned to provide assistance and non-supervisory employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; making recommendations to executive management for the rewarding and disciplining of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This is a full-time position, therefore regular attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job ID: 2840
1 - 9 Employees