We are currently seeking a Development Manager in the Phoenix, AZ area. The Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the development team with managing multiple phases of the real estate development process (e.g., site selection, due diligence, financial analysis, budgeting, contract negotiation, site acquisition, investment package creation, permit processing, and general contractor management).
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Perform market research, demographic studies, apartment database reviews, and competitive analysis.
• Develop a matrix of key competitors including property locations, specific amenities, and pricing in strategic markets and submarkets.
• Creation of financial models and due diligence efforts for JV partners and lenders
• Assist the Development Team in preparing and presenting investment packages.
• Participate in consultant meetings through pre-development and development stages.
• Participate in meetings with municipalities, neighborhood groups, design teams, and public hearings throughout the entitlement process.
• Assist in managing projects under construction to ensure adherence to development policies and procedures.
• 3+ years’ experience in multifamily development strongly preferred
• Work experience and knowledge of Arizona markets strongly preferred
• Experience and knowledge of the multifamily industry strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Building Construction Management preferred
• Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate strongly preferred
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and goal-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• Accurate, detail oriented, dependable, and punctual
• Willingness and patience to improve/refine work product
• Advanced MS Office Suite skills
• Strong computer and Internet skills
• Knowledge of construction processes
Job ID: 3107
1 - 9 Employees