1. Assist in finding and procuring new bid opportunities and recommending projects to pursue.
2. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
3. Review bid packages prior to submission to owner for accuracy and completeness
4. Direct the preparation for qualification based proposals (i.e. CMAR and Design-Build packages)
5. Prepares accurate estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
6. Analyze bids by subcontractors
7. Maintain database of historical unit cost as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from subcontractors and suppliers
8. Maintains and works to expand current contact information and relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
9. Request quotations using an automated ITB subcontractor database; organizes, reviews and logs quotes received
10. Perform post-bid analysis (i.e. bid tabs)
11. Attend pre-bid/site visit meetings.
12. Assist with cost control system set-up
13. Perform additional assignments as required and that may contribute to the growth and profitability of the company and you
14. Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction projects.
15. Plan and evaluate construction methods and determine the most cost-effectiveness approach and methods.
16. Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
17. Direct the preparation of contracts and subcontracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
18. Determine labor requirements and coordinate superintendents
19. Prepare and submit budget estimates and review progress and cost tracking reports.
20. Review and process all submittals required on each project based on the contract specifications
21. Coordinate and requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
22. Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
23. Identify, process, and submit change orders.
24. Confer with superintendents, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
25. Supervise construction sites and direct superintendents and subcontractors to make sure standards of building performance, quality, cost schedules and safety are maintained.
26. Develop and implement quality control programs.
27. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with QC, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
28. Review and control payment to subcontractors and suppliers
29. Direct and control the process of producing payment applications to clients.
1. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
2. Knowledge of construction materials, methods (include CMAR and Design-Build), and the tools involved in the construction of buildings or other structures such as highways and roads.
3. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation.
4. Ten (10) years minimum experience in an estimating or project management role for a commercial general contractor
5. Strong computer skills including scheduling software and Microsoft Office products
6. Must have and maintain First Aid Certification
7. Must have and maintain a minimum of OSHA10 Certification
Job ID: 2824
1 - 9 Employees