As a Project Manager you will be responsible for overall management of construction projects resulting in successful project completion (on time, on budget, of value). The Project Manager is accountable for project results through accurate and timely estimating, cost control and forecasting. The PM maintains and fosters client relationships by clearly setting and communicating achievable expectations with the client and internal team members. This position engages with the appropriate experts to set goals, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles and achieve results. The PM establishes team goals and standards and responsibilities and provides leadership/motivation to drive toward successful project completion. Project Manager is accountable for project from estimating through pre-construction, construction and closeout. Position reports to Project Executive over projects assigned.
Project Manager will be accountable for the following:
• LEAN Philosophy & Leadership – Practice LEAN philosophy and implement LEAN tools on all projects.
• Schedule – Manage project schedule including: 1st Planner schedule, Pull schedule, 6 week look ahead, Constraint Log
• Change Orders – Ensure timely submission and management of change orders.
• Project Status Report (PSR) – Prepare, submit and present PSR to Operations on a monthly basis. Encompasses: budget, cost control, sub-contracts, insurance, etc.
• OAC Meetings – Represent HBI at OAC meetings
• Subcontracts – Write Scopes and identify risks
• Selection of Trade Partners
• Preconstruction: preconstruction proposals, preconstruction schedules, subcontractor qualification process, estimating procedures, bid packages, owner contracts, permits (CAL OSHA, etc.), organizational chart for project teams, overall management planning, Site Specific Safety Plans, etc.
• Safety – Ensure safety measures are implemented through duration of project via: project preplanning, pre-task planning, project safety implementation, project safety recordkeeping, etc.
• BIM/VDC (Virtual Design & Construction) – Partner with VDC team to implement processes and appropriate technology for the successful delivery of the project.
• Business Development – Engage in ongoing Business Development – cultivating relationship with customers that results in consideration of additional work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field required. Graduate degree a plus.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of prior project management experience
• Working knowledge of all phases of the construction industry, including marketing, scheduling, estimating, cost accounting, construction methodology, contract law.
• Thorough understanding of all project management control systems (scheduling, cost control, procurement, project accounting, and estimating)
• Project Experience to include:
• Healthcare experience required; experience with other project types useful
• OSPHD experience critical.
• Experience with both large and mid-sized projects.
• Experience with both new construction and TI’s.
• Experience working in an operating hospital facility.
• Experience working as the sole PM on health care projects.
• Strong organizational capabilities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Superb customer relationship management capabilities.
• Experience leading teams; strong mentor with ability to train, develop and motivate project teams.
• Problem-solving ability and a strong sense of urgency
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, scheduling programs, Viewpoint
Job ID: 3051
1 - 9 Employees