Currently seeking a Project Manager/Superintendent in the Boston/New England area. This position will be responsible for managing office buildings, multi-family, and some residential projects.
• Must establish and maintain local area clientele in position to refer losses. Clientele is primarily insurance adjusters but may also include community business owners, schools and municipalities.
• Create accurate floor plans in Xactimate Sketch
• Must have working knowledge of applicable building codes
• Create and adhere to acceptable budgets and address overages as they present themselves
• Required to use the company naming convention for estimates, revised estimates, proposals, change orders, etc.
• Must demonstrate a knowledge of all local building codes
• Maintain a construction schedule and work with trades and management to ensure work is completed on time. Identify and present solutions when additional resources are needed.
• Demonstrate proficiency with source removal, decontamination, mitigation, containment, ventilation, contents and deodorization techniques
• Proficient with investigative demolition, controlled demolition, decontamination structure cleaning and deodorization services
• Participate in continued training with company — Basic Xactimate training as part of preparation for passing Estimator Level , 2, or 3 User Certification test, dependent on Estimator role
• * Independently manages own work
• * Maintain vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain vehicles in a clean serviceable condition
• * Complete all accident, injury & incident reporting forms as required timely
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Participate in continuing education to advance career in payroll and ensure compliance with most up to date regulations
• Comply with company and department policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
• Develop and maintain client book of business dependent on Estimator, Senior Estimator, General Estimator, and Executive General Estimator job requirements
• Serve as primary contact with owners, adjusters, and consultants
• Scope development, negotiation and agreements with customers
• Uses company standard in formatting estimates
• Coordinate after hours emergency services as directed, including board-ups, water damage, fire and smoke damage and vandalism
• Consistently identify potential site hazards (asbestos, lead paint, mold, etc.)
• Must conduct oneself professionally and with courtesy at all times. Must be proactive conveying information and be immediately responsive to requests for information
• Apply industry TPA Program standards and ensure compliance with requirements. Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
• Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
• Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information
• Attend company sponsored operations and safety training courses as required
• English literacy and fluency
• Experience in mitigation
• Understanding of MSDS Data sheets, and applicability to jobs
• Extensive Customer Service experience
• Advanced Microsoft offices skills, experience with Xactimate
• Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent telephone skills.
Job ID: 3144
1 - 9 Employees