• Leadership and hands-on participation in department activities including daily production purchasing.
• Negotiates, establishes and manages supplier contracts.
• Ensures suppliers are compliant to regulatory requirements and expectations.
• Monitors planning and buying practices to obtain the best price and delivery performance, balanced with controlling inventory investment.
• Works directly with product development and engineering teams to support sourcing activities and supplier selection.
• Ensures that a favorable company image is presented to suppliers, and that all supplier relationships are based on honesty and integrity in order to obtain favorable terms, desired quality, and timely deliveries.
• Coordinates Purchasing, Inventory Control, and material handling activities with the other company personnel as appropriate.
• Creates an environment which promotes teamwork and supports operations and company goals and objectives.
• Evaluates inventory control information systems for effectiveness.
• Identify and implement improvements.
• Leads changes in inventory as necessitated by outside influences such as shortages or factors such as forecast changes, lead-time changes, engineering changes, and part usage changes.
• Collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
• Promotes continual improvement in all aspects of department operations.
• Evaluates, establish and monitor department goals, objectives and measurements ensuring their relevance in driving desired results.
• Continually measures, monitors and analyzes supplier quality, delivery and service performance. Coordinates corrective action as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field with at least 6+ years of purchasing experience.
• 4+ years of leadership experience managing a group of supply chain professionals.
• Knowledge of advanced purchasing and manufacturing systems.
• Strong analytical, administrative, and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of company personnel, suppliers, and others.
Job ID: 2816
1 - 9 Employees