Head of indirect Procurement
Driven professional leader of indirect and direct procurement coupled with strong materials and supply chain management background in purchasing and business analysis. My background has incorporated training, education in Applied Economics, and “hands on” expertise in ERP systems and procurement process. Recent primary responsibilities of cross functional integration for merger and acquisition sites in various states of business maturity. Areas of expertise include procurement, purchasing, supply chain, operations, logistics, CAPEX, RFx, contracting, sourcing, buying, planning, new product introduction, forecasting, materials, inventory, budgeting, management, performance and development, compensation calibration, and administration.
I am a dynamic, thorough, and flexible professional with the aptitude to lead and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and at various levels. I have a diversified background, which has strengthened my ability to adapt and respond quickly when making sound decisions under pressure and/or within deadlines. I am a self- motivated, and detail oriented team member, who exhibits outstanding work ethics with a strong competency when working solo or in a team project.
I communicate effectively with all levels of leadership and can easily explain complicated project details at a variety of levels. I am constantly seeking opportunities to improve performance and exceed project expectations. I work extremely well in cross functional areas. My skills are in line with senior leadership, business analysis, strategy, and project management opportunities. My ideal position is a challenging opportunity in which I can apply my procurement and business analytical skills, as well as my economics education, to achieve my fullest potential.
Head of Indirect Procurement, Sequencing COMPANY A 2008-current
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the development and delivery of world class supply chain services for the centre of excellence (CoE) encompassing $185 million plus of spend including Sequencing entities in seven locations US, Europe, and South Africa.
- Influential member of America’s Procurement Leadership Team responsible for setting strategies, initiatives, MBO’s, KPI’s, in areas of networking capital, value delivery, cash savings goals, and annual employee compensation calibrations.
- Provide supervision, coaching, training and development, for direct reports of six Procurement Managers and Agents.
- Responsible for managing budgets and 7% savings on addressable spend.
- Improved NWC from 60% to 100% compliance to the global Care for Cash net 60 day payment terms.
- Monitor Procurement credit card spend for trends and savings opportunities and rebate tracking.
- Developed and implemented detailed integration plans to support newly formed/acquired entities of the Sequencing Solutions business. Actively led the integration of merger and acquisition sites in various
stages of maturity that transitioned six sites into ERP (SAP) and requisition system (SimpleBuy). Identified inter dependencies, set processes, determined employee roles and responsibilities. Prepared, maintained and monitored gap analysis using heat map for polices & procedures and developed cross functional remediation plan.
- Fully support global Procurement IT roadmap for electronic systems and tools.
- Fully support all facets of Global Procurement Governance requirements including divisional standards, group audits, sourcing methodology, sustainability, and risk management.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring that Procurement is in compliance with ISO9001 std/13485; FDA Regulations/QSRs;Corporate Requirements and any other corporate Quality and Safety, Health and Environmental directives.
- Responsible for successfully passing all regulator/corporate/internal audits without major findings.
- Fully support and provide direction on development & implementation of a QMS for the Sequencing Solutions businesses.
- Key contributor to supplier management with Quality partners in entity process and policy harmonization projects.
- Engage and support Global Category Management strategies.
- Identify and develop team competencies and processes to support the organization. Influence decision making in areas of process re-engineering, human resources, supply chain strategies and information management necessary to achieve organizational effectiveness ensuring successful, competitive delivery of supply chain services.
- Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to establish policies and Provide leadership, direction and guidance to support these procurement policies.
- Contributes to developing strategies for highly visible programs that have significant business impact for the area.
Company A 1995-2008
- Led, developed, and supported the sourcing for $100 million in indirect purchases, services, equipment and supplies cost effectively and according to standards.
- Conducted RFx’s for new sourcing, bidding and negotiations to meet business area requirements while supporting continuous improvement in terms of Quality, Service and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Saved $8 million on $22 million Clinical Operations RFP and $1.5 million savings for R&D instruments, consumables, and maintenance agreements
- Worked on improving networking capital to align with Global net 60 day payment terms
- Reviewed and negotiated all Procurement legal agreements, commercial terms and conditions, and cost savings.
- Adhered to all procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance. Recommended changes to established practices to improve performance of supply chain strategies.
- Implemented supply chain strategies and plans consistent with overall department and corporate strategic direction in all day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring that Procurement is in compliance with ISO9001 std/13485; FDA Regulations/QSRs; Corporate Requirements and any other corporate Quality and SH&E directives.
- Managed stakeholder engagement by meeting with representatives of the business areas to make recommendations and to discuss and review their supply and service needs. In conjunction with internal partners, implement defined metrics that measure performance and reinforce/advance the effectiveness of the procurement organization and the working relationship with the business areas.
- Identified supply and quality problems proactively and lead the development of corrective actions to the benefit of Procurement’s internal partners.
- Served as expert resource to senior management, peers and staff in area of procurement.
- Used advanced knowledge to resolve business problems of moderate size, risk and complexity.
Masters in Applied Economics
BUYING/PROCUREMENT, ERP, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Contract Negotiation, Contract Management, Sourcing, Materials Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SKILLS
Leadership: Influential member Americas Procurement Leadership Team responsible for setting strategies, initiatives, MBO’s, KPI’s, in areas of networking capital, value delivery, cash savings goals, policies and procedures, productivity, report tracking, and analysis. Provide management and guidance for direct reports, training and development, compensation calibration, evaluations, and payroll. Key member of integration leadership teams collaborating with cross functional areas on projects with Procurement, Finance, Quality, Vendor Management, Human Resources, IT, Legal.
Procurement: Global, regional, and local experience in management, purchasing, procurement, supply chain, contract management, negotiations, sourcing, materials, planning, inventory, operations, forecasting, savings tracking and monitoring, compliance to ISO and FDA regulations, Procure to Pay, ERP, compliance and governance.
Administration: Support for executive management, project management, internal and external customers in Research, Development, Operations, Facilities, Safety Health and Environment, Laboratories, Clinical, Bio specimens, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Consulting, Communications, Bioinformatics, IT, Human Resources, Legal.
Applications: SAP, ERP Commerce Center system, MS Manufacturing Dynamics AX system, Microsoft Great Plains system, JD Edwards (Oracle). SimpleBuy xR2R, eSourcing tools Ariba, GRACE (Global legal contract repository), Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)