Field Application Scientist Nano Medicines
- PhD in cellular and molecular biology specialized in biochemistry, nanomedicine, cell signaling and drug discovery, with 7 years of experience in nano biotechnology for in vitro and in vivo drug delivery.
- Designed a single-walled carbon nanotube system (SWCNT) functionalized with PEG chains to selectively target intra-tumor Tregs and intra-articular chondrocytes in melanoma and osteoarthritis preclinical models: These observations led to 3 first author
- Investigated the bio distribution and biodegradation of PEG-SWCNT by using systemic and intra- articular administrations in mice: These observations led to 3
- Expert in DNA/RNA and protein functional assays as well as flow cytometry, histology/confocal microscopy including laser capture micro dissection (LCM).
- Published a total 5 first author plus 9 co-author peer-reviewed scientific articles. Presented institute progress reports and international
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
|Field Application Scientist Company A |
|1) Educated and sold the in vivo degradation of polyethylene glycol-modiﬁed (PEG) single-walled carbon nanotubes. 2) Investigates the biochemistry of protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPs) in autoimmune diseases. 3) Generates a bio-bank of human dermal fibroblasts from Systemic Sclerosis patients. |
4) In charge of the maintenance of the Laser Capture Microdissection instrument at the UCSD Clinical and Translational Research institute (CTRI). 5) Provides support as a safety area coordinator at the UCSD ACTRI. 6) Coordinates and instructs undergraduate and graduate students.
|Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Cellular Biology |
|1) Designed and built fluorescent PEGylated single-wall nanotubes as a cargo system to selectively deliver bioconjugated siRNAs in an osteoarthritis mouse model. 2) Characterized the role of PTPs in the pathogenesis of rheumatic diseases, using human and mouse primary cell and tissue-based assays. |
Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Infectious Diseases,
Synthetized and functionalized fluorescent PEGylated single-wall carbon nanotubes, bioconjugated with anti-GITR IgG, to selectively target intra-tumor Tregs in vivo. Coordinated and instructed master students.
|PhD Candidate Department of Clinical Biochemistry |
|Purified pollen proteins and human transcription factors by using a FPLC systems. Analyzed the |
components of Lolium perenne pollen recognized from the IgE of allergic patients.
|Doctor of Philosophy in Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine Department of Clinical Biochemistry |
|Master in Medical Biotechnology Department of Clinical Biochemistry |
|Bachelor in Biotechnology Department of Genetics |
Nanobiotechnology: Design, synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles for in vitro and in vivo
cell target and drug delivery.
Cell Biology: Human/mouse adherent, suspension and 3d cell lines generation and manipulation. Transfection, ELISA, cytokine stimulation and release assays. Multi-color flow cytometry analysis (FACS) and magnetic sorting (MACS).
Molecular Biology: Identification, isolation and quantification of DNA/RNA. Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP). Design and prepare samples for RNAseq and next generation sequencing (NGS). CRISPR gene editing. Vector cloning and recombinant protein expression. In situ proximity ligation assay (PLA). Design of systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment (SELEX). Set up and analysis of laser capture microdissected (LCM) samples.
Biochemistry: Protein expression and purification, 1D and 2D SDS-PAGE, immunoblotting and immunoprecipitation. Set up and analysis of mass spectrometry experiments. Enzymatic and protein activity assays. In vivo and in vitro pharmacology and pharmacokinetic.
Histology and Microscopy: Prepare, cut and stain bone and soft tissue sections. Set up and analysis of immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry. High content slide scanner imaging and confocal microscopy.
Animal Models (mouse): Set up and analysis of bleomycin-induced dermal and lung fibrosis, osteoarthritis model through the dissection of the medial meniscus ligament, syngeneic B16 melanoma and bone marrow transplantation model. Cells isolation and analysis from organs and blood.