PROJECT MANAGER COMMERCIAL
Construction Project Manager with ten years experience developing, implementing and managing complex projects with schedule, budgetary, safety and quality constraints for government, commercial, healthcare, educational and private‐sector clients. An organized and conscientious self‐starter able to strategize and prioritize effectively
to accomplish multiple tasks while staying calm under pressure. Backed by strong credentials and a proven history of on‐time, on‐budget and high‐quality project completions.
PROJECT MANAGER 2010 ‐ PRESENT
– Prepared and presented detailed and accurate cost estimates from conceptual design through to construction documents.
-Produced detailed cost estimates for commercial construction projects ranging from $100K to more than $150 million using Planswift software.
– Reviewed plans, determined subcontractor needs, developed project estimates, complied subcontractor bids, consolidated information into proposal for submission to clients, and negotiated final price.
– Built and, maintained relationship with clients, consultants, subcontractors and vendors on a variety of projects.
– Attended regular project meetings including pre‐construction, construction progress, design focus, internal development and final completion progress.
– Developed and maintained construction schedule in Microsoft Project.
– Miscellaneous administrative duties i.e., contract documents, submittals, purchase orders, change orders and monthly billings.
PROJECT MANAGER 2000 ‐ 2010
– Accountable for providing day‐to‐day leadership, ensuring projects are planned, coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner.
– Oversee all aspects of construction projects from pre‐construction to project close‐out.
– Managed over $100M in construction spread across multiple projects.
– Managed project teams including Project Coordinators, Project Engineers, Site Superintendents and Subcontractors.
– Negotiated and managed internal and external changes to the scope of work with the Owner and key Subcontractors to mitigate schedule and cost impacts to the project through the change order process.
– Set up and supervise projects in Timberline including schedule of values, estimates and billing requirements.
– Perform a detailed review of the bids received to enable the buyout of the project at or below the construction budget.
– Responsible for the overall financial performance of assigned projects including project planning, billing, revenue forecasting, A/R collections and minimizing exposure and risk of the project.
– Work with the Estimating Department to create proposals, RFP’s, budgets and estimates for projects.
– Monitor cost issues daily and adjust projections to ensure construction budget is on target.
– Approve all subcontractor and supplier invoices prior to the project billing cut‐off date while verifying the
amount, cost‐code and disclosed material/sub‐subcontractors.
– Monitor progress of site preparation, including site visits to ensure all tasks are being completed on schedule in order to meet assigned project completion dates.
– Monitor performance standards guaranteeing jobsite safety
PROJECT MANAGER 1992 ‐ 2000
– Provided project management on a diverse range of construction projects, demolition, roadway projects, library projects, courts and city hall.
– Completed a variety of OSHPD projects in various hospitals and medical office buildings for complete remodel of Psychiatric floor, CT Scan Room, Nursing floor, NICU and corridor upgrades.
– Responsible for providing complete construction project management expertise and leadership for all projects while staying under budget.
B.S. Construction Management
OSHA 30‐hour Occupational Safety and Health Training
EM‐385‐1‐1 Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Training for Contractors / US Army Corps of Engineers
Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors / Naval Facilities Engineering Command
EPA Lead Safety for RRP / CPR AED, and First Aid / Aerial Boom Lift