SENIOR ESTIMATOR COMMERCIAL
- Roughly 28 years of Estimation expertise, mainly as a Senior Estimator for Commercial Construction companies.
- Multiple relevant Certifications (See Below).
- Served as Senior/Chief Project Estimator for Projects ranging from $500K all the way up to $525 Million (most between the $8 Million to $60 Million range).
- As a Senior Project Estimator: Successful win 45M+ Design Build, Multi Family Student Housing (won) – Restoration Proposal: design bid build, for a 26 unit historical loft apartment, lobby, and amenities – Complete restoration across all divisions, 21.85M (won) – Design Build Modular High School , 16.9M (won).
- Chief Estimator / Construction Manager: Complete project estimating, project management, and business development, from pre-construction to certificate of occupancy.
Recent Sr. Project Estimation and Management
- Senior Project Estimator – (Contract) – Project Values: 300M-525M
- Senior Estimator/Program Manager – (Contract)- Project Values: 5M-28M
- Senior Estimator/ Project Manager – (Contract) – Project Value: 21.5M-60M
- Chief Estimator / Construction Manager – (Contract) – Project Values: 350K-50M
- Chief Commercial Estimator / Construction Manager – Project Values: 500K–20M
- Estimator Preconstruction / Project Manager- Project Values: 5M-238M
- Commercial Estimator/Project Management – Project Values: 5M-130M
- 05/2018: 10 Hour/30 Hour OSHA Training Certification
- 05/2018: OSHA First Aide/CPR/ AED Certification
- 05/2018: 6 Hour Safety Driver Certification Course
- 04/2018: SharePoint Training Course
- 04/2018: Prolog Training Course
- 03/2018: Fire Safety / Computer Safety Training
- 07/2008: Ledcor Construction; Supervision Safety Training Program
- 10/2004: American Home Inspectors Training Institute, New Berlin, WI;
- Certified Master Home Inspector
- 06/2004: Certificate of Completion: Building the High Performance Multi Family Complex;
- South Face Energy Institute, Kentucky Division of Energy
- 06/2004: Certificate of Completion: Ohio Board of Building Standards, BBS Complaints & Investigations of
- Building Department Personnel
- 03/1998: Certificate of Completion; Occupational Safety and Health Construction Training (O.S.H.A.), by U.S. Department of Labor
- 11/1997: Federal Emergency Management Administration: Disaster Housing Field Inspector Trainer Course, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Awarded 1997 Outstanding Electrical Engineering Student, the Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
Senior Estimator/ Program Management- Project Values: 5M-28M
- Lackland AFB acting on behalf of the Federal Government.
- Military Hospital HVAC demo and replace.
- Research Facility remodel to a more useful space complete MEP replacement.
- Replace complete grounding star to accommodate new electrical system for the hospital.
- Replace and rebuild 2- central sterilization process units.
- E4 Clicks , MII (MCases), Planswift, Excel, RS Means
Senior Estimator/ Project Manager – Project Value: 21.5M-60M
- Design build & conceptual negotiated estimating.
- Define scopes of work and construction methods with CM Associates, architects, engineering teams.
- Independently create a design assist team to aide engineering with S&FMPE to progress project plan completion.
- DD ROM to GMP with 3rd round of CD bidding to finalize construction budget.
- Preform various task in the estimating process, take-off, clarification, buy out qualifications.
- Budget control in a client based triangular discretionary decision making environment.
- Multi Family/Commercial / Distribution Facilities
Bid Solicitation and Software
- MC2, Gradebeam, Prime Bid, Planswift, OST, Excel, Intranet, MS Office
Chief Estimator/ Construction Manager – Project Values: 350K-50M
- Complete project estimating, project management, and business development, from pre-construction to certificate of occupancy
- Post bid, bid solicitation with subcontractors, vendors, trade partners, with the creation of accurate bid proposals and takeoffs with complete pricing of hard cost and soft cost to make a complete project budget proposal
- Upon award, conduct subcontractor proposal negotiations and buy out to include scopes of work, value engineering, and qualifications of subcontractors and bid document review, write subcontracts, issue purchase orders, and coordinate project kick-off meetings.
- Work as or with project management and operations to provide complete on time, on budget, safety planned project coordination to project completion
- Work closely with Owners, Architects, Engineers, and Design Teams to produce accurate and complete budgets and project delivery
- Successful win ratio 1/9
- Prepare proposals and progress budgets from conceptual, DD Drawings, and CD Drawings providing GMP, lump sum/fixed price, cost plus, negotiated value engineered contracts.
- Medical Facilities & Healthcare • Hospitality • Industrial • Public Works • Retail/Restaurants • InstitutionalBid Solicitation and Software • Blue Book • Historical Pricing/ Subcontractors Database • RS Means • ISQFT • Bid Mail •Bid Depositories• Planswift (On screen Takeoff) • Prime Bid • MS Project • Microsoft Office • In-depth use of excel
Chief Commercial Estimator/ Project Manager – Project Values: 500K–20M
Senior/Chief Estimator duties include:
- Selection of multiple bid projects, assignments, and scheduling,maintain archived and present bids, prepare proposal lay-outs from excel including addendums, general conditions, read specifications, prepare, organize, and conduct bid day, vendor buy out and negotiations, client negotiations, monitor and teach other estimators, problem solve and edit subcontractor proposals.
- Monitor project coverage via Bid Mail and subcontractor coverage.
- Conduct project coordinator & estimating meetings.
- Negotiate with AE firms, modify and adjust schematic drawings pertaining to design build projects
Duties as Project Manager.
- Monitor scheduling of time-line build schedules from notice to proceed, monitor and adjust budget, organize kick- off meetings and address projected problems, orchestrate trade scheduling, address CO/COTR requirements, staging, review jobsite required conditions per specifications, prepare and submit change orders, monitorsubmittals, give direction to the jobsite supervisor, monitor all documentation and as builds, negotiate excessive charges via vendors, prepare close out documentation.
Bid Structure & Types of projects / Projects & Leadership Responsibilities
- The role of lead estimator in the managing of four P.C.’s & three estimators in the pursuit of government sector projects.
- Client work is generated by the USACE, VA & health care, NAVFAC, USAF, USFS, GSA, AFFES, National Guard, US Army, Depart of Interior & Reclamation, SMUD, and CA State projects
- Present working and solicitation projects are in: CA, AZ, FL, WA, OR, TX, NV
- Bid Types Include: IFB, MATOC, MACC, IDIQ, RFP, T.O., JOC, BOA, Design Build
- Current Software:Planswift • Excel • MS Project • Bid Mail • RS Means • MS Office
Sr. Estimator Preconstruction /Project Manager- Project Values: 5M-238M
- Daily duties include: The preparation and estimating of hard bid, negotiated, and preconstruction projects with the preparation of progress budgets, ROM budgets, and schematic budgets created from schematic designs, design development, and construction drawings.
- Day to day operations is to successfully perform in the capacity as a developmental team leader implementing all divisions and procedures to complete and win non-negotiated and negotiated commercial projects.
Bid Structure of projects
- Non negotiated hard bid, negotiated heavy structural and light commercial facilities design build, preconstruction services
Types of Projects
- Department of Defense, government, state, local, investment groups, corporate franchises, retail, and private client individuals
Types of Construction
- Post tension construction, cast in place, light gauge framing, mild steel, concrete masonry unit, and wood framing, and engineered systems
- Construction as core and shell, warm shell, tenant improvement, commissary, low, mid, high rise, light health care, mixed use residential, and industrial, and institutional facilities
- Currently under my direction are three commercial estimators, one junior estimator, and one pre-bid coordinator
- Geographic areas of construction at the present and expanding are: California, Nevada, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Mississippi, Louisiana, North & South Carolina from the Ledcor, Henderson, Nevada divisional office
- A portion of my duties are attending pre-bid site visits, client preconstruction services, design assist services, project budget control both with the design team, architects, and engineers
- Management of bids and personnel include, all C.S.I. divisions, including general conditions, contingencies, insurances, and bonding requirements
- Develop bidding techniques, bid presentation layouts, owner’s letters, contingency letters, and presentations to client, subcontractor qualification, project buyout, qualification, and exclusion data.
- Daily software use: Planswift (very similar to OST/Quick Bid), Excel, Earthworks 3D, MS Office, MC2, MS Project, RS Means.
Sr. Commercial Estimator /Project Manager – Project Values: 5M-130M
Daily duties include:
- Non-negotiated hard bidding & negotiated bidding in the preparation of in-depth estimates for all divisions of commercial construction from general condition to division 16.
- Perform as a preconstruction project team leader, in a fast paced environment with multiple project deadlines.
Types of Projects
- Schools, colleges, detention facilities, hospitals, vertical rise hotels, arenas, stadiums, dormitories, multi family, shell build outs, office space, banks, commercial renovation, storage facilities, tenant improvements, and condominiums, government & military (M.A.T.O.C), Federal program, state projects.
- Find and qualify subcontract vendors in the bidding of nationwide projects.
- Interact and R.F.I. architects regarding critical areas and specification questions and details, relevant to the scopes of work to be performed.
- Estimate labor and materials for self-preformed proposals, and the incomplete areas, not covered in the overall project bid.
- Bidding is in a team atmosphere with tight deadlines, and to qualify rapid paced information with quick decision making skills.
- Qualify proposals from subcontractors verifying performance, target incompleteness of proposals, push for proposal break-out, compare competitive pricing, and to negotiate pricing.
- Once projects are awarded: to prepare color coded drawings and material quantity estimates detailing buyout, for field personnel, as well as, assists in project buyout, and to negotiate proposals for award, then, prepare bonding requirements if so needed.
- Schedule preconstruction meetings and project kick-off with project managers, subcontractors, and field personnel.
- Work with client and client groups in scopes of work, as well as, conceptualizing their project and needs. Prepare client presentations detailing cost by each division and aligning it with the project budget in a book format.
- Daily software use: MC2, OST, Bidday, Earthworks 3D, Excel, MS Office
Masters Construction Managment
United States Navy