JOB SUMMARY: The Estimator is responsible for all aspects of estimating, including preconstruction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations, and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating.
• Help with the preparation of concept and budgetary estimates and prepare final estimate bid proposals. Ensure that budget quotes and proposals are correct and professional.
• Consult with clients and subcontractors to develop estimates.
• Consult with estimating team on details of estimates and general information.
• Maintain a professionalism during internal and external meetings.
• Read and study bid package documents. Ensure company compliance. Ensure that bids are prepared consistently with those documents.
• Develop accurate takeoffs. Evaluate subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
• As required, provide assistance in negotiating contracts with owner and subcontractor, change orders, etc.
• Review design/engineering specifications for cost-effectiveness. Suggest viable alternatives where applicable (Value Engineering).
• Assist in the preconstruction process, including conceptual estimating and cost analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or related field, preferred.
• 3+ years in Estimating, preferably with a construction general contractor.
• Ability to read engineering and architectural drawings and specifications.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to read and understand contracts.
• Outstanding and professional oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Takeoff software programs.
job ID: 3643
1 - 9 Employees