We are a painting contractor seeking an Estimator in the New Jersey area. Our employees are experienced in commercial, industrial, and residential painting. We have worked on a variety of projects, including new construction, repaints, commercial property, auto dealerships, restaurants, and many more! Our services include elastomeric coatings, water proofing, stucco patching, epoxy coatings, faux finishing, etc. We are looking for a Painting Estimator with experience in commercial and industrial new and repaint projects. The Estimator will work with project teams and subcontractors to create accurate and competitive estimates for our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare detailed cost estimates and conceptual estimates.
• Analyze plans and specs.
• Perform quantity take-offs.
• Prepare and review Request for Proposal packages.
• Monitor bid solicitation.
• Collaborate with the project team, engineers, architects, contractors, and vendors.
• Prepare, review, and validate cost estimates using computer software and market rates.
• Negotiate subcontractor’s bids.
• Assist management in bid and contract awards.
• Complete budgeting and scheduling for projects.
• Monitor progress and requisition change orders.
• Ensure site personnel and superintendents are provided with needed documentation.
• Participate in the budgeting review approval process.
• Collect and organize bid information for future reference and maintain a cost estimate database. Resolve any cost discrepancies.
• 5+ years of experience in Painting Estimating.
• College degree in Cost Estimating or Construction Management.
• Knowledge of commercial painting principles and application processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to read plans and specs.
• Strong math and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency with Plan Swift required
• Bi-lingual, a plus.
• High Rise experience, a plus
Job ID: 2977
1 - 9 Employees