As an estimator, you will be responsible for performing the day to day duties to facilitate and manage construction activities. Your duties will consist of, but not be limited to, management and preparation of project schedule, budget, managing the bid qualification and purchasing process through final contract buyout, negotiations, generating scopes of work, review of contract terms, obtaining necessary permits, maintaining the overall performance of the construction management team
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
• Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
• Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
• Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
• Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
• Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
• Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the construction of public works projects
• Proficient in scheduling with Microsoft Project or other software equivalent
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Procore, Textura
• B.A in construction management, civil engineering, or related field
Job ID: 2820
1 - 9 Employees