As a Commercial / Multi-Family Estimator, you will prepare takeoffs, confirm specifications and work scope, review commercial and multifamily projects with sales team. This includes working directly with architects, owners and general contractors to offer value engineering options and challenging design and product specifications to mitigate potential risks to all parties.
• Responsible for working closely with sales team, designing the configuration of the product(s) and generating an estimate for the work to be performed.
• Verifies that estimate takeoffs contains the correct products and quantities.
• Recommend changes to the design and incorporate any changes requested by the customer.
• Reviews the estimate with the sales team to ensure that data is accurate, that all components of the design are captured and properly charged.
• Modifies the estimate takeoffs per customer or sales manager requests.
• Provides estimates takeoffs on change orders for current projects.
• Responds to customer and sales team questions concerning details on the estimate and/or design.
• Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned
• Minimum experience: 3+ years of relevant (Construction, Insulation, Trades) experience.
• Prefer prior quote and estimate creation experience.
• May need to work overtime and weekends as required.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to perform complex calculations, capable of performing “what if” analyses.
• Capable of calculating square footage and detailed measurements.
• Ability to reconfigure measurements in order to change designs.
• Able to quickly create and modify take-offs or large projects.
• Proficient in Office Software like word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
• Proficient using OST software.
• Capable of compiling professional sales estimates takeoffs.
1 - 9 Employees