Our mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we believe that Preconstruction Services is an integral part of that process. A great Preconstruction Manager is self-motivated and enjoys meeting clients and subcontractors as much as putting numbers together for a well-thought out and detailed budget.
General Position Summary:
Your primary role is to take ownership of assigned projects, prepare estimates for those project(s) and nurture relationships with industry contacts to develop new work opportunities for our company.
Essential Duties Include:
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate/budget.
• Manage the project’s overall estimating load; assign estimates to other team members as needed and review those budgets for accuracy.
• Prepare estimates/budgets by calculating detailed take-offs of scopes of work.
• Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular project/bid as assigned.
• Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures.
• Represent us to clients, potential clients, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages in the preconstruction process
• Develop strong subcontractor relationships
• Attend and actively network at twelve industry events annually
• Participate in and invite industry contacts to at least one of our organized marketing events
• Document and maintain a network of industry contacts
• Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
This position has supervisor responsibility for others that are performing estimating. Responsibilities include training, performance management, delegate project/work assignments and review direct reports’ budgets/estimates to ensure they meet the desired company standards.
• College degree preferred in construction/architecture/engineering or equivalent experience
• Construction field experience favorable
• Four-seven years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook, Project), Bluebeam Revu & Viewpoint
• LEED AP, OSHA 10-Hour, Revit/CAD experience are favorable
• Knowledge of unit prices, construction means & methods, labor productivity and our local market
• Great communication skills – written and oral
• Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems
• Personable and professional
• Collaborative, problem solver, hard working
• Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise
• Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
Job ID: 2827
1 - 9 Employees