The Project Engineer (PE) schedules and coordinates work in the most efficient manner and ensures construction meets or exceeds the expectations of the owner and architect and is in accordance with the project’s plan and specifications. The PE is responsible for maintaining open and positive channels of communication with the field, owner, architect, and subcontractors to ensure efficient completion of the project. PEs are also responsible for providing service to the team at a level where mistakes pose a limited risk to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates with project architects, designers, owners, and field personnel.
• Responsible for Request for Information (RFI) and submittal process.
• Manages project subcontractors.
• Acts as the “information hub” for the project to office and field personnel to ensure continuity of work.
• Offers technical information to project supervisor to ensure work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
• May coordinate change orders, expedite material and job site equipment, assist in preparation of estimates, and compile data to assist in analyzing project progress.
• Monitor and track project quality control metrics and activities on a regular basis, provide timely and accurate quality reports, and raise issues to PM or Superintendent as appropriate.
• Inspects all work to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to ensure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
• A graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management, construction science or civil engineering.
• Full knowledge of computer software, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Project.
• Working knowledge of Autocad or Revit a plus
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Job ID: 2981
1 - 9 Employees