This position is responsible for providing technical support guidance and direction to the Project Management Team. Maintain contract documents and logs, including, but not limited to: purchase orders, inspections, daily field reports, OAC meeting minutes, submittal log, ASI/RFI log, and safety meeting reports. Procure shop drawings, samples and other submittals. Facilitate issuing of plans, specifications and document revisions to subcontractors and vendors as well as our staff. Other responsibilities may include contract administration, invitation to bid, estimating and budgeting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Facilitates contract administration, invitation to bid, estimating, and budgeting, when assigned.
• Works with the Project Manager and other Project Engineers in establishing pre-construction dates for scheduling of subcontract awards, approvals, and manufacturing.
• Ensures initial plans and specifications are issued to subcontractors and suppliers, as well as, to on-site associates.
• Ensures materials and equipment are released for fabrication in time for their delivery as required on the project.
• Procures shop drawings, samples, and other submittals per specifications.
• Facilitates the RFI process as directed by the Project Manager, Superintendent, or more senior Project Engineers.
• Examines all construction drawings, and specifications for suspected constructability, potential code violations, and advise the Project Manager of such issues.
• Distributes revised Contract Documents to all plan holders.
• Performs selected financial and accounting functions as required.
• Ensures company safety procedures are being adhered to.
• Obtains and submits all as-built drawings, guarantees, warranties, and required operating and maintenance instructions.
• Schedules, conducts, prepares and distributes minutes of coordination meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and all other meetings as directed by the Project manager or Superintendent.
• Resolves all punch list issues prior to occupancy.
• Reviews Project Close-Out Procedures completely and discusses any concerns with the Project Manager.
• Maintains project file system, under the guidance of the Project Manager prior to starting a project, which includes, creating the file system, forwarding copies to main office, as well as filing on a daily basis.
• Participates in Company-provided training such safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Skills/Specialized Knowledge
• Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, budgeting, scheduling and safety practices
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Competency in Procore a plus
• Strong organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management. Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and Procore Construction Project Management Software.
• Construction related trade, and/or Project Engineer summer internship experience is desirable.
Job ID: 2916
1 - 9 Employees