We are currently seeking a Project Manager with a heavy civil experience in the Los Angeles, CA area.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
• Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
• Lead estimating efforts on vertically integrated projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
• Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project sponsor, and manager of construction to manage resources to meet project schedule.
• Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
• Coordinate with large project sponsor, manager of construction and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
• Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
• Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
• Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
• Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.
• Airports experience a plus
• Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing wage issues.
• Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
• Demonstrated decision-making skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
• Accuracy at all times.
Job ID: 3128
1 - 9 Employees