The Project Manager (PM) effectively manages preconstruction efforts, including communicating with the owner, architect, and consultants in managing permit status and providing accurate pricing. The PM will develop the project master schedule and construction plan from the client’s goals, design team, and executive staff. PMs actively work to solve challenging issues on a “win-win” basis for all parties. PMs are also responsible for providing service to the team at a level where mistakes pose a significant risk to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operations of a project or projects and its scope.
• Reviews all deliverables prepared by team before client submission.
• Develops cost-effective plans and schedules for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
• Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
• Is responsible for proper administration of subcontracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
• Identifies the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
• Responsible for ensuring that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule and project profitability forecast, monitoring the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and holding regular status meetings.
• Manages the budget and makes monthly financial forecasts.
• Minimizes exposure and risk in the project(s).
• Reports to owners and architects about progress.
• Responsible for assuring that client pay applications are accurate, submitted timely, and that payments are received.
• A graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management, construction science or civil engineering.
• 6 years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
• Ability to coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Job ID: 2980
1 - 9 Employees