We are currently seeking a Project Manager in the Chesapeake, VA area with experience in heavy civil. This position is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of approximately $50M worth of roadway work on our $415M High Rise Bridge and I-64 Widening Project. Located in the City of Chesapeake (VA), this project includes approximately 8.75 miles of interstate widening and construction of a new 1.25 mile long crossing over the Elizabeth River with 100’ vertical clearance.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
2. Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to establish budget.
3. Lead estimating efforts on vertically integrated projects to ensure accurate and consistent bid to build process.
4. Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project sponsor, and manager of construction to manage resources to meet project schedule.
5. Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to develop bid schedule.
6. Coordinate with large project sponsor, manager of construction and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up and successful kick-off.
7. Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
8. Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and schedule.
9. Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, corporate management, inspectors, etc., providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
10. Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for continuous improvement in performance.
11. Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
12. Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in roadway construction operations
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and grading practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing wage issues.
• Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
• Demonstrated decision-making skills.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent supervisory communication and organizational skills.
• Accuracy at all times.
Job ID: 3104
1 - 9 Employees