Currently seeking a Project Manager in the New York area. This position will be responsible for managing office buildings, multi-family units, and some residential projects. The position’s responsibilities include meeting with clients, developing quality and competitive estimates using Xactimate, managing work through completion, reviewing budgets, and communicating progress with clients and management.
• Must establish and maintain local area clientele in a position to refer losses. The clientele is primarily insurance adjusters but may also include community business owners, schools, and municipalities.
• Create accurate floor plans using Xactimate
• Must have a working knowledge of applicable building codes
• Create and adhere to acceptable budgets and address overages as they present themselves
• Required to use the company naming convention for estimates, revised estimates, proposals, change orders, etc.
• Must demonstrate a knowledge of all local building codes
• Maintain a construction schedule and work with trades and management to ensure work is completed on time. Identify and present solutions when additional resources are needed.
• Demonstrate proficiency with source removal, decontamination, mitigation, containment, ventilation, contents, and deodorization techniques
• Proficient with investigative demolition, controlled demolition, decontamination structure cleaning, and deodorization services
• Participate in continued training with company — Basic Xactimate training as part of preparation for passing Estimator Level, 2, or 3 User Certification test, dependent on Estimator role
• Independently manages own work
• Maintain vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain vehicles in a clean serviceable condition
• Complete all accident, injury & incident reporting forms as required in a timely manner
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Participate in continuing education to advance a career in payroll, and ensure compliance with most up to date regulations
• Comply with company and department policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
• Develop and maintain client book of business dependent on Estimator, Senior Estimator, General Estimator, and Executive General Estimator job requirements
• Serve as primary contact with owners, adjusters, and consultants
• Scope development, negotiation, and agreements with customers
• Uses company standard in formatting estimates
• Coordinate after-hours emergency services as directed, including board-ups, water damage, fire and smoke damage, and vandalism
• Consistently identify potential site hazards (asbestos, lead paint, mold, etc.)
• Must conduct oneself professionally and with courtesy at all times. Must be proactive conveying information and be immediately responsive to requests for information
• Apply industry TPA Program standards and ensure compliance with requirements. Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles, and practices
• Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
• Attention to detail and a keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information
• Attend company sponsored operations and safety training courses as required
• English literacy and fluency
• Understanding of MSDS Datasheets, and applicability to jobs
• Must use the company Estimate Format Standards for Xactimate estimates, proposals, etc
• Extensive Customer Service experience
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, experience with Xactimate
• Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent telephone skills.
• Experience in mitigation
• Frequent lifting over 50 lbs unassisted
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks
• The ability to bend, crouch, or stand as necessary
Job ID 3191
1 - 9 Employees