The Project Manager will successfully manage all aspects of construction projects. Specifically, this position will be responsible for project planning, scheduling, and budgeting as well as managing client and subcontractor relations, project forecasting, profitability targets and proper close out of multiple projects.
• Enforce Company safety policies and procedures with the goal of achieving zero incidents, lost time injuries, property damage, and claims
• Perform random job site safety inspections and subsequent safety-related written reprimands
• Timely completion and submission (within 24 hours of injury) of incident reports to Safety department
• Lead weekly safety toolbox meetings with field employees ensuring 100% attendance
• Attend and actively participate in monthly safety meetings
• Continued mentoring of field staff employees in the area of safety practices
• Oversee the activities of the entire project team (employees, subcontractors, vendors) to ensure compliance with company policies and safety and quality standards
• Analyze, approve and update various project and area schedules, including: 9-day (labor and equipment), 3-week look ahead, area paving schedule, and monthly CPM (Primavera)
• Participate and assume a leadership role in all pre-construction (“green sheet”) and weekly project coordination meetings
• Ensure and review consistent documentation of job activities, including pre-job checklist, time cards, daily reports, RFIs, submittals, job inspection reports, progress photos, job close-out checklists, etc.
• Assist in the supervision of operations and equipment, including the support of field staff in daily dispatch request for crews, materials and equipment
• Analyze, understand and communicate (internally) Company’s contractual responsibilities (i.e. scope), authoring letters, as necessary, to protect the Company’s interest and contractual rights and obligations
• Continually develop and enhance relationship with outside parties, including inspectors, soils engineers, surveyors, etc.
• Approve and analyze daily and weekly cost reports noting and resolving significant variances
• Oversee monthly progress billings and subcontractor payments
• Responsible for managing the contractual change order process with customers and subcontractors, including initial pricing of extra work (with Estimator oversight and within $ guidelines), utilizing the estimating staff to bid significant lump sum extra work items and obtaining executed contracting instruments
• Oversee and approve monthly project cost and revenue forecasting ensuring accuracy
• Review and approve purchase order commitments for job specific purchases
• Establish strong working relationships with public agencies and general contractors with an intense focus on customer service
• Motivate and mentor a team of Project Engineers providing them with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work and individual career objectives
• Continue developing and improving the skills and performance of the Project Engineering staff, specifically in the areas of job and GPS set-up, adoption and continued use of internal software programs (i.e. Vista, HCSS), tracking and analyzing daily cost, etc.
• Responsible for annual performance evaluation of direct reports, including quarterly updates and proactive identification of training opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or business related field
• Minimum of 8-20 year construction industry experience.
• Ability to manage up to five Project Engineers either directly or indirectly.
• Ability to routinely manage jobs with a budget up to $10 million.
• Strong knowledge of construction grading and paving practices, including contractual documents, plans, specifications and soils reports
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated decision making abilities in a high production environment, including strong leadership and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proven track record of successful contract negotiations
• Proficiency in MS Office, Primavera and enterprise project management solutions; knowledge of HCSS software preferred
• LEED Certification a plus
• Requires good oral communication skills to communicate effectively with clients, employees, management, outside vendors, utility companies and local, state and federal agencies.
• Requires concentration, alertness, and attention to detail.
• Requires the ability to work with others with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
• Must be able to comprehend and follow occupational safety and health regulations, other state and federal regulations governing the construction industry, and Company practices and procedures.
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be able to work with others and be a team player.
• Must be able to read and write the English language.
• Must be able to perform complex mathematical calculations.
• Must be able to accurately read blueprints, specifications, contracts, bids, proposals and other construction documentation.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the bidding process.
• Duties are varied and regularly require analysis, judgment and discretion. Must be able to prioritize work.
• Requires the ability to compile information from records and prepare reports.
• Requires the ability to adapt to quickly changing situations.
• Requires the ability to problem solve.
• Must present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
job ID: 3286
1 - 9 Employees