Our company is a premier General Engineering Contractor that specializes in earthwork and asphalt paving. We currently have a position available for a Senior Estimator / Project Manager in the San Jose, CA area.
This opportunity is for a full-time Senior Estimator position to join our management team working with our project managers, superintendents, foremen, and office staff to ensure a successful project for both our customer and our company.
Specific responsibilities include:
• responsible for the preparation of bid proposals including review of project drawings, specifications, and soils report
• coordinate with the take-off staff to ensure required quantities are determined
• solicit quotations from subcontractors, vendors, and truckers
• determine most economical way to build the project and prepare estimate by determining labor, equipment, material, trucking, and subcontractor costs for the various project tasks using our estimating program, SharpeSoft
• prepare scope letter and proposal for presentation to customers for private work or work as a subcontractor and complete bid documents for public works bid as a prime contractor
• confer with other estimators, project managers, and field personnel for input as need during bid preparation; develop relationships with new customers and strengthen relationships with existing customers
• project manage awarded projects by managing the overall project including preparation of project schedules, correspondence, pay applications, subcontracts, and purchase orders
• monitoring, tracking, and collecting payment for T&M and lump change orders
• performing job cost review and forecasts
• negotiating with customers, subcontractors, and vendors
• ensure project safety.
7 – 10 years experience in the civil construction industry with experience as a an estimator and project manager. The candidate must be able to multitask and shift gears quickly as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or extensive project management and estimating experience in grading and paving
Preferred Technical Skills:
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project; SharpeSoft Estimator (or similar program)
The candidate shall have solid mathematical and written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively work with customers, subcontractors, vendors, co-workers, engineers and architects, utility companys, and government agencies.
Job ID: 2888
1 - 9 Employees