Seeking an individual with experience as a Senior Project Scheduler for a major rail project in the Greater Seattle area. This individual will have experience in Oracle’s P6 Professional scheduling software, with a strong background in Primavera P6.
• Manage and/or create conceptual (RFP), bidding (preconstruction) and final program schedules from preliminary and ongoing project information for use by marketing, preconstruction, and operations departments.
• Attend job site meetings, work and meet with architects, engineers, subcontractors, owners, and contact and visit job sites in order to develop and maintain the program schedule.
• Develop standard and custom graphs and charts for site personnel to manage the project.
• Train field and office personnel on scheduling software use and all scheduling issues including fragnets, schedule of value cost reports, and ways to document project effects.
• Train field and office personnel on performing a Time Impact Analysis along with the monthly review of all pre-submitted Time Impact Analyses for each project.
• Provide support and guidance to ensure the baseline schedule submission is timely, complete, accurate, and in compliance with standard company procedures and the contract.
• Build owner activities, project close-out activities, and activities from Technical Services and Safety Departments into all program schedules.
• Develop documentation for claims – assist operations personnel in identifying situations where a claim is likely and take early steps to prevent these claims and/or defend the company and, as appropriate the owner, from these claims.
• Participate in meetings regarding project delay issues and suggest alternative means and methods of scheduling in order to recover progress as appropriate.
• Enforce and know the importance of maintaining the integrity of schedule logic.
• Prepare monthly schedule status report for management
• Prepare and maintain monthly billing/cost/resource loaded schedule.
• Provide scheduling software technical assistance to company personnel.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
• Experience in Oracle P6 Professional, Primavera P6.
• Knowledge and skill sets in Microsoft Project, Oracle Contractor and/or VICO software would be considered a strong plus. Other computer skills required include the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook).
• Experience required with bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field, or progressive equivalent work experience in the rail construction field.
• Understanding and knowledge of techniques for baseline planning and scheduling.
• Able to proactively manage claim avoidance and navigate adversarial sub/owner situations.
• Able to provide project teams with fact based recommendations on schedule generation, implementation and delay analysis scenarios.
1 - 9 Employees