As the leader of the pre-construction/estimating team, the Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients under the CM at Risk guaranteed maximum pricing structure as well as select bid pursuits. Responsibilities also included working with General Trades estimators and project management teams developing sections of schematic, design development and construction document estimates including soliciting and evaluating subcontractor bids, and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys, reviewing project plans and specifications for various categories of work including both large and small projects.
● Leads Estimating Team with timely roll-out and execution of the entire estimate deliverable process.
● Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is present and determine scope of work
● Develop full-scope estimates based on Bid-Build, Design-Build or CM/GC construction documents
● Critically analyze bid documents and understand risk and opportunities and articulate those to management
● Organize the bid team, providing leadership and direction with regards to means and methods, schedule and strategy
● Participate in technical proposals for Alternative Delivery projects
● Provide detailed quantity take off of specific trades when required ● Create detailed crew and production cost estimates and review prices with estimating team
● Solicits and analyzes subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required
● Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required
● Develops unit costs accurately ● Performs technical/plan review when required
● Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload
● Gather and monitor actual cost vs. estimated cost, maintaining project cost history
● Manage and maintain subcontractor database and subcontractor pre-qualification.
● Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations
● 10+ years of pre-construction/estimating and/or operations experience
● Knowledgeable of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, interior finishes, exterior building wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems
● Able to manage multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask
● Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software such as OnScreen Takeoff, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
● Possess good organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
● Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations
job ID: 3273
1 - 9 Employees