he Estimator is accountable for the procurement, bidding, and submission of bid (hard bids) and proposals (CMAR and Design-Build) for Public (Federal, State, Tribal) construction projects.
1. Assist in finding and procuring new bid opportunities and recommending projects to pursue.
2. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
3. Review bid packages prior to submission to owner for accuracy and completeness
4. Direct the preparation for qualification based proposals (i.e. CMAR and Design-Build packages)
5. Prepare accurate estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
6. Analyze bids by subcontractors
7. Maintain database of historical unit cost as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices
from subcontractors and suppliers
8. Maintains and works to expand current contact information and relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
9. Request quotations using an automated ITB subcontractor database; organizes, reviews and logs quotes received
10. Perform post-bid analysis (i.e. bid tabs)
11. Attend pre-bid/site visit meetings.
12. Participate in project hand-over meetings
13. Assist with cost control system set-up
14. Assist the project manager in buyout and in initial sequencing of construction activities, outlining components such as
labor, materials and equipment.
15. Participate in bid review meetings with owner or owners representatives, when required
16. Assist with the interviewing process for hiring any personnel required.
17. Perform additional assignments as required and that may contribute to the growth and profitability of the company and you
as an employee and person.
18. Degree focused in construction management, building construction, engineering, construction science, or architecture.
19. Ten (10) year’s experience as an estimator for a commercial general contractor, five (5) years in a Senior Estimating role
estimating public works (Federal, State, Tribal) construction projects
20. Ability to conceptualize the project schedule from project start through completion, including sequence/phasing of work
21. Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
22. Possess a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of construction costs, materials and procedures
23. Strong interpersonal skills and good communication
24. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
$85,000 – 90,000 DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
Three (3) weeks paid time off (PTO)
401K Retirement with employer matching contribution
Annual bonus based on profitability
Job ID: 2836
1 - 9 Employees