We are currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager in the Seattle, WA area with commercial project experience. The ideal candidate would have worked on a variety of ground up projects.
• Overall accountability to both Venture and client for all aspects of the project: Schedule, Budget, Quality.
• Responsible for delivering sustainable earnings from satisfied customers.
• Cultivate and maintain strong customer relationships including client, tenants, architects, engineers, PM and subcontractors.
• Train and development assigned project staff, including performance evaluations.
• Monitor work load of each project engineer and provide assignments to develop staff to full potential.
• Attend monthly Cost Meetings, provide timely and accurate cost information to keep Management informed as to project progress for all projects and special problems, if any
• Review and monitor projects for potential risks, establish planning with team to mitigate and minimize.
• Overall responsibility for project manager, project engineer and project coordinator duties.
• Support and coordinate with superintendent on project requirements in the field.
• Pursue and sell new work based on goals set with Partner.
• Develop and cultivate client, broker, PM and architect relationships for assigned accounts.
• Research, strategize and set all financial terms in proposals with Partners approval.
• Responsible for establishing bidding strategies for the projects whether lump sum or negotiate and establish bidders’ list.
• Responsible for qualified bid proposals, including review by Partner.
• Responsible for providing all buy out and close down of contracts with subcontractors and vendors.
• Prepare all Owner/Venture contracts.
• Meet project performance goals as set with Partner
• Attend all Project Start-Up Meetings.
• Lead all OAC Meetings
• Assist project manager in preparation of budget reports, project logs, reports and special studies.
• Assist and monitor superintendent in preparation of schedules and updates as required by project.
• Responsible for Contract Administration.
• Securing Owner’s timely approval of all contract changes, including Change Estimates, Change Orders, and
• Field Work Orders.
• Minimizing “At Risk” work performed by Venture and our subcontractors.
• Approve all overtime and extra work expenditures for subcontractors, and Venture labor.
• Monitor Field Superintendent’s performance.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction management, years of experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
• Ten years of direct experience, experience managing projects required.
• Experience with healthcare, biotech, and high-rise office preferred.
• Proven leadership and management skills.
• Strong planning and negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to collaboratively lead teams.
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Job ID: 3009
1 - 9 Employees