The Superintendent is responsible for the coordination and supervision of all construction activities. The Superintendent ensures that all field personnel is producing quality work, working on the schedule, and working within the budget. It is also the Superintendent’s responsibility to maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized environment for the company’s employees, subcontractor employees, and any other job site visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
• Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
• Creates, maintains a critical path method (CPM) construction schedule, identifies, and solves problems.
• Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
• Has knowledge and experience with all trades scope of work.
• Can manage self-performed work scopes with the company’s labor.
• Maintains positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Supervises completion of punch lists.
• Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
• Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
• Creates site logistic plans and maintains an organized, clean job site.
• 4-year college degree preferred, but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in scheduling, ordering materials, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction. Should be experienced in managing multiple projects.
• Organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
Job ID: 2982
1 - 9 Employees